IN CALGARY, YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO CHOOSE ANY CLUB YOU DESIRE.
FOOTHILLS SOCCER HAS CONSISTENTLY PROVEN TO BE THE BEST PROGRAM IN ALBERTA. WE BUILD CHAMPIONS!
Our mission is to provide top quality player development in an enjoyable and positive atmosphere.
- Have UEFA (European) certified technical directors with professional playing and coaching experience provide and execute the soccer curriculum
- Follow European model of technical delivery, nurture relationships with Liverpool, Vancouver Whitecaps, Seattle Sounders, Royal Racing Montegne FC (Belgium), etc.
- Foothills has a tradition of excellence since 1972 due to our technical program which delivers consistent results:
- We are the number one youth club in Alberta per "The Canadian Club Championships" report written by Dick Labromas as posted on the Canadian Soccer Association website
- Over the past 5 years Foothills sent the most teams to the Alberta Tier 1 Provincials and Canadian National Championships than any Club in Alberta
- Sent 8 teams to Club Nationals in the last 7 years with teams finishing 1st four times (National Champions), 2nd once, 3rd once,4th once and 5th once.
- More University (CIS) players than any other club in Canada. Currently, Foothills Soccer has 20 men's players playing in the CIS, and 10 women's players. Since 2004, they have produced a total of 29 mens CIS scholarships and 1 NCAA scholarship. While on the womens side, they have produced 10 CIS scholarships and 17 NCAA scholarships.
- A fun, liked-minded Playing Environment for ALL Players Ð from U6 to U18, from Divisions 1 to 6.
- Younger players are mentored by Canadian National medalist trainers and alumni.
- We are a Club!
- We have club social events, team interactions, club tournaments, etc.
- The technical directors know your team and know your name.
- Our players support and train each other between age groups/tiers, players of different age groups/tiers know each other due to Club actions
- Development of top quality coaches with our coaches training each season
"My move to Foothills has made all the difference for my progression as a coach. Previously, I was a winning coach, a technical director of a community program and technical committee member for a large soccer organization - I thought I was very good. Foothills taught me that my journey as a coach was just beginning and I had a lot to learn. Since that time I have grown considerably as a coach. I think that is the Foothills difference - the Club and coaches are constantly striving to be better."